Monday, August 26, 2013

Back-to-School, Blogiversary, and a Poll

I wish that every one of my recent blog posts didn't start with, "sorry I've been blog slackin'," but unfortunately they all do.  The past month I've focused my attention on things other than the blog, but I'm determined not to let my new job completely take over my life.  I love everything that has come from this blog over the past year including all of the friends that I've made and the outlet that it's provided me to write about all of Athena's successes and challenges.


I'm a bit disappointed that I missed the blog's one-year anniversary.  It was on August 13th.  Back when I started the blog I set a goal that I wanted to continue blogging for at least one year.  Well, I've made it to one year and I'm still amazed at what a following the blog has received.  I would hate to stop blogging all together since it does bring me so much joy, but I feel that I need to officially admit that I won't be writing as regularly as I have in the past.


As I prepare for back-to-school, my plan is to blog once a week during the upcoming months.  I know it's not much, but hopefully it will keep me somewhat connected to the blogging community.  Aside from a once-a-week blog post, I will of course post pictures and updates more frequently on our Facebook page.


So, today's post is my one for this week.  It's a mish-mosh of admitting that I don't have as much time for the blog as I did in the past, realizing that I missed our one-year blog anniversary, my new plan for posting once per week, AND some great photos taken last Friday during Athena's "last day of summer vacation" trip to 1000 Acres Dog Park with some of her Flyball buddies.


While the blog may be taking a break from explaining every last detail of Athena's life, I can assure you that Athena's day-to-day will continue to be jam packed with fun and excitement just as it did over the past year.  Just because I'm not writing about it doesn't mean that it's not happening =)  Athena will be as spoiled as ever.






I would really appreciate it if you'd be so kind as to take a quick poll about what you'd most like to read about on the blog in the future:

What kinds of posts would you most like to read on the blog for our new once-per-week posting schedule?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

21 comments:

  1. We've missed you! but we definitely understand (ah, the busy life of a teacher!). Congrats on the new job again, and good luck this year!

    Love the photos of Athena's outing -- you've gotten so good!

    It was so hard to pick only 1 thing we'd like to see from you! We picked DIY (since it's been big around here!), but we'd also love to see more about Portland, flyball, dog photography, and --it goes without saying-- photos of The Bean!

    Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely have felt your absence and miss you both, but totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your students this year! My parents were both teachers, so I highly respect anyone who chooses that profession. I have been slacking on the blog too, so I feel your pain. But, no worries, because we'll follow you no matter how much or how little you post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had to take a break from blogging lately too. I miss it but life does have to come first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the blog just has to sit on the back burner when life gets busy. I think everyone who blogs understands that (right now mine has slowed down due to lack of internet and our move). I'm a follower on facebook so I know I won't miss out on my Athena fix as much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't pick just one choice from your poll. I suggest you just take turns touching on all of the above. I love everything about The Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your blog about Athena! I did choose "everyday life with Athena", however, I love it all. Athena inspired me to make a tutu for my Lola. I made the first one this weekend (with thanks to your post on how to make one). I made it for her Halloween costume. Also just want to say congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well my Instagram has turned into my blog and I miss blogging. Always surprised to see lots of my favorites are "Slacking" also.
    Good luck with the job, I have no doubt that your perfect princess will continue to be spoiled as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible points. Sound arguments. Keep up the great work.Thanks for sharing in detail. Your blog is an inspiration! Apart of really useful tips, it's just really!
    ____________________________
    Beaverton dog training

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and may come back someday. I want to encourage that you continue your great posts, have a nice weekend! Dog Trainers Northern Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  11. من اهم و,افضل الشركات لمكافحة حشرات الناموس شركة كشف تسربات المياه بنجران
    شركة كشف تسربات المياة بابها
    شركة كشف تسربات المياة ببيشة
    شركة كشف تسربات المياة بتبوك
    شركة كشف تسربات المياة بجدة
    شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام




    تعتبر حشرة الناموس من الحشرات المزعجة والتى تظهر كثيرا فى الصيف
    نتيجة الحر الشديد تقدم شركاتنا مكافحة حشرة الناموس والقضاء عليها بتميز الادوية التركيبة وعمالة مميزة فنية
    بالخبرة والكفاءة العالية منز السنوات العديدة شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض

    ReplyDelete